This Week's RED HOT Celebrity Birthday (2/1 - 2/7)

This Week's RED HOT Celebrity Birthday (2/1 - 2/7)
Eddie Bracken, best known for his role as Walley World owner Roy Walley in NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION would be celebrating his 95th birthday on February 7th were it not for his death in 2002. The Montclair, NJ resident and star of radio, screen and stage, Bracken died several months after his wife/actress, Connie, passed away. if you make it to Heaven, be sure to check out Eddie and wife Connie in the highly entertaining BACK IN BRACKEN, a true favorite with the elderly deceased.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

BACK LOG: What Irritates Mr. Erzblock (10/8 - 10/14)


I irritate myself this week. I had some friends over to mine and my lady friend's place the other night. I saw my Cousin Jeffrey at the local luncheonette on my work break earlier that day as he was noshing on a couple of Twinkies and drinking a Yoo-hoo by himself, so I invited him over too; however, since you're my lady friend's mortal enemy if you come to our place empty handed, I asked that he bring a 12-pack of light beer. I even gave him some money to buy it. Since his mom passed on a few months ago, money's been tight with him. I said, "It doesn't matter what kind of light beer it is. Just make sure it's light and that there are 12 of them, okay?" He nodded a bunch of times, and I even told him to give me a holler if he forgot what I told him. Needless to say, Jeffrey showed up 45 minutes late that night, interrupting a perfectly good game of cribbage, but I was glad that at least he had the goods when I saw him toting a large plastic bag. He rushed over to my kitchen table, and I patted him on the back. I reached into the bag and pulled out a 12-pack, but it was Guinness, the complete opposite of a light beer. After yelling at Jeffrey, calling him a few choice words, he tearfully replied, "Reid, I picked up a bunch of 12-packs. I did. Honest. That was the lightest one!" God bless Jeffrey and his knack for taking what I say literally. I apologize, cuz. It was I who was at fault. I'll take you to IHOP this weekend. Why I am even writing a message to him. He doesn't use the Internet. Well, I'll give him a call.

No comments: